PCP Finance Explained
PCP is a Personal Contract Plan. This is available for both new and used cars. It is a flexible 2-3 year car finance package that combines lower monthly payments with real flexibility. With PCP you can have a flexible finance plan that suits your circumstances. Thanks to a Guaranteed Minimum Future Value, you don’t need to worry about the re-sale value of your car in 3 years’ time, depreciation or the NCT costs (New cars only) associated with owning a car for over a longer period of time.
Under the Volkswagen Solutions Personal Contract Plan, Volkswagen Financial Services purchases the car on your behalf. You choose a deposit percentage of between 10% and 30%. You then pay an agreed monthly instalment over 36 months. A portion of the car’s value is deferred until the end of the agreement. This amount is the minimum value that Volkswagen Financial Services guarantees your car will be worth at the end of your agreement, your Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV).
At the end of your agreement you have the following three options:
- Upgrade your car to a newer model using the equity in your car as a deposit for the next one
- Return your car to you dealer with no further payments
- Make a one-off payment or re-finance the final instalment and take ownership of the car
- No more residual value worries
- A new Volkswagen every 2 - 3 years
- Lower payments and shorter terms
- Avoid NCT costs (New Car PCP only)
- Upgrade to a higher specification model for less